Welcome to the Benton-Carroll-Salem Board of Education page.
The following is the mission of our school district:
Through engaging, cutting-edge, and student-centered learning opportunities, WE
Believe each child can achieve success and all staff must remain ready to meet the needs of children;
Challenge all students and staff to be civic-minded leaders, problem solvers, and critical thinkers; and,
Succeed when we work collaboratively with all district stakeholders to prepare our students for the challenges of higher education, training, the workforce, and life in a democratic society.
Regular meetings of the 2019 Benton-Carroll-Salem Board of Education take place on the 4th Tuesday of each month at the Board Office at 6:00 PM. However, sometimes there are changes to the dates of meetings. Please call the Board Office at 419-898-6210 for the latest information.
Upcoming Meeting Dates:
September 4, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. in the Board Office (Special Meeting)
September 24, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Office
B-C-S Board Goals for 2018--2019
1. To ensure every student achieves educational success.
- Foster an environment focused on individualized student needs.
- Continue to support intra-district goals and other opportunities for college and career readiness.
- Receive regularupdates on curriculum.
2. To ensure that our financial resources are maximized with the use of taxpayer dollars.
- Continue to maintain a budget that is fiscally responsible.
- Protect current funding sources for our district.
- Find new funding sources for long-term replacement of lost revenue and resources.
- Continue to evaluate staffing needs and create more efficient and innovative ways to conduct our business.
3. To ensure that school environments are safe, nurturing, and efficient.
- Continue to work collaboratively with our facility committee, architects, and community to change, improve, and impact the overall student experience continuing to maintain a long–term facility plan.
- To ensure a safe and secure environment for all district students, staff, and visitors; and to ensure the school district is prepared to effectively respond emergencies.
4. To ensure that the community, parents, students and staff are engaged as partners in education.
- Giving the tools and resources needed to get the website more user friendly.
- Continue with Coffee Talks and getting the correct information into the community hands for levy purposes.
|Board members, Superintendent, and Treasurer with contact information: (listed left to right)
Front Row Seated:
Reports of Verified Acts of Harrassment, Intimidation, or Bullying: 2016-17 second semester: Oak Harbor High School-2, Oak Harbor Middle School-0, R.C. Waters Elementary-0
Report of Verified Acts of Harrassment, Intimidation, or Bullying: 2017-18 first semester: Oak Harbor High School-2, Oak Harbor MIddle School-0, R.C. Waters Elementary -0
Report of Verified Acts of Harassment, Intimidation, or Bullying: 2017-18 secondsemester: Oak Harbor High School-1; Oak Harbor Middle School-0; R.C. Waters Elementary-0
Report of Verified Acts of Harassment, Intimidation, or Bullying: 2018-19 first semester: Oak Harbor High School-1; Oak Harbor Middle School-1; R.C. Waters Elementary-0