Enrollment and Registration FAQ

Article Index

Frequently Asked Questions About Enrolling Your Child:

What if I want to enroll my student through open enrollment?
If you want to open enroll your student, use the link on the homepage for B-C-S, located at http://www.bcs.k12.oh.us. The application form for open enrollment is located there.

When can I enroll my child in B-C-S?
The Benton-Carroll-Salem School District accepts new students throughout the school year and the summer. Enrollment is done at our Central Registration Office, located in the B-C-S Board Office, 11685 WSR 163, Oak Harbor, Ohio. Appointments can be scheduled by calling 419-898-6210.

Do I pay school fees when I enroll my child?
Yes, you may pay your school fees at the time of enrollment if you enroll your child during the school year. If you enroll your child during the summer, you may pay them at either the time of registration, or at the designated fee payment day, held each year in August.

When can my child begin attending their new school?
We like to get your child in school as soon as possible after registration. The Central Registration Office will contact your child's new school before you leave the office, and tell you when you may send your child to school.

How do I get a class schedule for my Middle School or High School student?
The Central Registration Office will help you make an appointment with your child's guidance counselor, who will meet with you and your child to schedule their classes.

How do I get my child's previous school records transferred to BCS?
School districtis cannot release official records directly to parents. A parent's signature is needed to release the records to a new district. When you register your child in BCS, you will fill out a records request form. The Central Registration Office will fax that form directly to your child's previous school, and the records will be sent to the Central Registration Office.

How will I know which bus my child will be riding?
If the time of registration is during the school year, the Central Registration Office will contact the Transportation Department on your behalf. You will be notified later that same day by telephone with all the bussing information pertaining to your child. If you register your child during the summer, you will be notified before the first day of school.

How can I meet my child's new principal, teachers, and other staff?
The Central Registration Office will help you establish a time when you can meet building personnel.