Thursday, May 11, 2017
- Happy Birthday Wishes!
- Any current 7th grader who is interested in taking the Algebra I placement test, your permission form must be turned in by tomorrow- Friday, May 12th.
- Next week is spirit week at OHMS. On Monday, it will be a regular day, but the student council will be having lunch and then having a work day outside, cleaning out the shed on the playground where the recess equipment is stored.
- ***Each day there will be footprints available to buy for .25, to honor or remember someone who has battled or is battling cancer.
- Tuesday: Twin Tuesday (student and a friend should dress alike)-must be school dress code appropriate
- Wednesday: Woke Up Like This Wednesday….can wear pjs and have messy hair-must be school dress code appropriate
- Thursday: Tahiti Thursday (dress Hawaiian)-must be school dress code appropriate
- Friday: Power of Purple (wear purple –representing cancer awareness)-must be school dress code appropriate
- ****Field Day will be held on Monday, May 22nd. 4th and 5th Grade will be held from 9 to 11 a.m. and 6th and 7th Grade will be held from 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- 6th and 7th Grade Honors Breakfast for students who were invited. The criteria was to have all A grades for at least 2 quarters for the 2016-17 school year. Also, the regular awards assembly will be held in the morning, as well.
- Lip-sync/dance talent show will be held on the last day of school which is on May 30th. Forms are in the office and are due back to Mrs. Buder by May 5th orASAP. Music and pre-auditions will be held on Friday, May 19th.
- Girls who will be in 7th or 8th grade next year: If you are interested in playing volleyball in the fall, there will be a meeting Thursday morning (May 11th) at 7:45 a.m. It will be held in the middle school auditorium. Summer calendars and clinic information will be passed out at that time.
- Attention: Girls entering 5th or 6th grade next school year…. If you are interested in trying out for the Pee Wee Cheerleading Squad, please add your name to the sign-up list in the office by Friday, May 5th. Clinics will be held Tuesday, May 9th from 3:00-4:30 p.m., Wednesday, May 10th from 3:00-4:30 p.m., and Thursday, May 11th, from 3:00-4:30 p.m. Tryouts will be held on Friday May 12th starting at 3:15 p.m. at the OHMS Gymnasium. You will receive additional information about tryouts in the coming weeks. Please see Mrs. Giezie in Room 13 if you have questions or concerns.
- Please have your child check Lost and Found Area by the Showcase and in the cafeteria. There are many items that are unclaimed. If they are not claimed soon, they will be donated to Good Will.
- A message for this fall’s interested (6th going into 7th-12th grade) Cross Country : Coach Buckman, Coach Warnke and I will be having conditioning runs through out the summer. Below is a list of the days that we will meet and run as a team (these are NOT mandatory yet encouraged). We will meet at Veteran’s Park in Oak Harbor on the following dates (Coach Buckman will be present):
- June 11th and June 18th 6-7pm.
- June 12th, 14th, 26th, and 28th at the high school pool from 7-8:15 p.m. with Coach Warnke
- July 2, 16th and 23rd 6-7 pm.
- We will meet at the OHHS pool on the following dates (Coach Branum will be present):
July 10, 12, 17, and 19th from 7 to 815pm.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email.
- **Reminder: All athletes need to have a physical on file before mandatory practices begin, August 1, 2017 at 3:15.
- Reminder: Soles for Souls Shoe Collection is still going on at the middle school and will continue for the rest of the school year. This project is being sponsored by our 7th grade students. Please drop off new or gently used shoes to the middle school office or in the large box by the showcase. Thank you for your consideration to this great cause.
- Please return Lifetouch Pictures and/or money to the office as soon as possible. Thank you! If you wish to order you may do so at mylifetouch.com Use your Portrait ID and Access Code provided by Lifetouch in your picture package. Also, additional envelopes were sent home with students yesterday (Thursday 3/23) to send back money if you are choosing to purchase the photos.
- Parents can order a 2016-2017 Yearbook on line. Visit ybpay.lifetouch.com The yearbook ID Code is 1824517. The cost is $16.00 plus any upgrades you may choose. Also, forms were sent home on Friday, 4/7 and the deadline for orders is Monday, May 15th. Checks should be made payable to Lifetouch.
Smile and make it a great day!